There's a morbid fascination as well. Of course there is. I think there usually is when you're interested in the past. Organic found objects share the same story, because they were not made for me- I did not buy them or choose them. Pieces of dead animal, other people's belongings... It's all connected. I'm not that clear by what yet though.
Friday, 28 October 2011
I think my obsession with derelict buildings is the same as my need to collect things, and my fascination with second-hand belongings. The imprint of a past function that has gone. You can only sense it, and only when you want to. Intuition, implication, insinuation. Subtlety.
There's a morbid fascination as well. Of course there is. I think there usually is when you're interested in the past. Organic found objects share the same story, because they were not made for me- I did not buy them or choose them. Pieces of dead animal, other people's belongings... It's all connected. I'm not that clear by what yet though.



There's a morbid fascination as well. Of course there is. I think there usually is when you're interested in the past. Organic found objects share the same story, because they were not made for me- I did not buy them or choose them. Pieces of dead animal, other people's belongings... It's all connected. I'm not that clear by what yet though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
KARST residency 2013
Putting this here as there is really no other home for it. I found these images from my 2013/2014 graduate residency at KARST Gallery in Ply...
-
I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I'm had to dress smartly, and it's generally something that I deliberately...
-
The Lift Gallery Proposal Jess Young “False idols: from Deity to concept: The notion of the polemic, an impassioned argument that sug...
No comments:
Post a Comment